It is that time of the year for the Prairie Fest at the Franzosenbusch Prairie House on Wolf Road Prairie (11225 Constitution Drive, Westchester, Illinois). The Fest will be on Saturday, September 3 from 11 AM to 4 PM.
This year’s FEST will include past favorites as well as a new attraction.
- As many as 10 birds of prey from Northern Illinois Raptors will be shown from 11 am to 1 pm on the glove. Learn about their anatomy, physiology, and their individual stories. Visit northernillinoisraptor.org
- Dona Benkert’s dulcimer group will be playing on the house porch starting at 11:30 AM.
- Civil War reenactors with full regulation issued uniforms and equipment.
- Mickey Anderson will be demonstrating wool spinning.
- Rita Dowd will display her beautiful quilts.
- Basket Raffles
- Brats and Hot Dogs provided by Shell gas station at Ogden and York Road.
- Arts and Craft Vendors on the Prairie House parkway
- The History of Wolf Road Prairie presented by Dr. E.J. Neafsey
- Genealogy by Patricia Reaves
- Prairie Tours
- Doc Grayson will be on the porch to analyze your handwriting, starting at 1 pm – no charge.
Come, relax and enjoy!