NATIVE ECOSYSTEM RESTORATION
History of the Restoration Site
Role of Buffer Sites in Preserving Biodiversity
Project Goals and Purpose
Restoration Strategy and Methods
Education and Outreach
The 10 Hickory Lane restoration site represents both destructive and reconstructive impacts on the environment. Even land that has been altered by settlement can be restored to a healthy natural area.
The following field resources on 10 Hickory Lane provide insight into healing the land and living more harmoniously with nature by showcasing:
1. Restoration techniques and outcomes.
2. An eco-system approach to
conservation awareness, remedies, and values.
3. Partnerships between public agencies and conservation organizations in watershed restoration and natural areas preservation.
4. Understanding the benefits of land stewardship.
5. Sustainable native landscape designs that provide habitat for native species, and are healthy alternatives to current landscaping practices dependent on chemical management.