It is that time of the year for the Prairie Fest at the Franzosenbusch Prairie House on Wolf Road Prairie (11225 Constitution Drive, Westchester, Illinois). The Fest will be on Saturday, September 3 from 11 AM to 4 PM.
- As many as 10 birds of prey from Northern Illinois Raptors will be shown from 11 am to 1 pm on the glove. Learn about their anatomy, physiology, and their individual stories. Visit northernillinoisraptor.org
- Dona Benkert’s dulcimer group will be playing on the house porch starting at 11:30 AM.
- Civil War reenactors with full regulation issued uniforms and equipment.
- Mickey Anderson will be demonstrating wool spinning.
- Rita Dowd will display her beautiful quilts.
- Basket Raffles
- Brats and Hot Dogs provided by Shell gas station at Ogden and York Road.
- Arts and Craft Vendors on the Prairie House parkway
- The History of Wolf Road Prairie presented by Dr. E.J. Neafsey
- Genealogy by Patricia Reaves
- Prairie Tours
- Doc Grayson will be on the porch to analyze your handwriting, starting at 1 pm – no charge.
Saturday, July 16 at 10 am to 12:30
Join us for our annual Insect Safari day. The noted insect expert, Mike Rush, will guide participants out onto the Prairie and along the Prairie House garden to collect insects for examination and study on the porch of the Prairie House. Later, all insects will be released.
Participants are urged to wear socks and long pants. Sandals are not advised.
There is a $5 fee for adult non-members; Children are free.
Check out the latest eight photographs of the beautiful Wolf Road Prairie – April and May 2016. They are the last pictures in the gallery.